Wir sind Missions-Partner, weil …
… we believe that education is the only element of a person’s character which cannot be taken away. Unfortunately, due to some of today’s education systems, the word ‘education’ can send shivers down a person’s spine. Education should be fun, interesting, lively, encouraging and motivating. We want to bring laughter back to learning through an untraditional classroom environment, through individual attention and care and show people that everyone can improve their ability to speak English with excellent carefully targeted and planned language training. While we encourage language diversity throughout the world and do not want to see English everywhere, there is no doubt that fine-tuned English skills will not only improve a person’s chances for job development, but just as importantly for personal satisfaction.
Zahlen und Fakten
|Rechtsform:||Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung|
|Eigentümer:||Dr. Christian Hinterbuchner|
|Standort:||Haunspergstraße 37a, 5020 Salzburg|
|Branche:||Education / Bildung|
The English Center / English Institute’s mission statement has always been to promote language learning through laughter, living and loving the target language. Primarily, offering English experiences, we believe that language is best acquired in a relaxed, friendly environment where trust among a small group is much higher than in a traditional classroom. All of our courses, classes and lessons are taught by a pool of local Native Speakers trained in English Language Teaching.
- Individual, personalized, private English lessons for learners of any age
- Group lessons including
- English Books for all generations and genres
- Music Together ® Family Classes for children 0-5 + an accompanying adult
- English Exposure for 0 – 10 (organized according to ability)
- Classes for lower form and upper form focused on strengthening grammar and vocabulary skills, which focusing on developing oral and written skills
- Classes for adult learners with individualized goals
- Monthly Book discussions in English and German
- Bi-Monthly Round Table
- Saturday Morning Stories – reading and crafts program for 1,25 hours for 3-10 year olds every Saturday. Healthy snack included.
- Language Trips in England, Ireland and Malta
- Project weeks for school groups. Homeroom teachers accompany their students to an English-speaking country for full-immersion courses with Native speakers in the topic of their choice. We highly encourage pupils to choose their own topic for researching and interviewing the local population and for a final presentation in the target country and back at home again. Matura/Abitur topics are recommended for Upper Form courses. We insist on responding individually to each pupil’s research suggestions in letter form regarding their specific project work.
- Adult language trips throughout the year.
- Lower and Upper Form language immersion trips during the holidays and summer with well-known, international partner schools in English-speaking locations
- Cambridge Summer Camp at The Perse
Every summer we take over the well-known and very prestigious Perse School. We have a maximum of approx. 50 students and these are divided into teaching groups of maximum 9 pupils per group taught by Native Speakers. Each group has 3 normal lessons per day, as well as instructed project work. Topics, chosen by two or three students who will embark on fieldwork activities together, will be presented. In addition, we organise leisure activities every afternoon and evening. At the weekends, we have a variety of organised excursions. All activities and excursions are included, as well as accommodation, tuition and chaperoned flight.
Geschichte, Meilensteine und Innovationen
|1980:||English Institute was founded|
|1982:||First Cambridge Summer Camp, England.|
|1991:||Developed our individualized Project Weeks for teachers to take their pupils overseas for a full-immersion language experience. Locations include. Cambridge first, then Ramsgate, Winchester|
|1999:||New Project Week Partners in Dublin and Malahide, Ireland|
|2006:||December 8 – opened The English Center / Books, Coffee and Courses in Salzburg|
|2007 May:||First Afternoon Book Club|
|2008 July:||First Morning Book Club|
|2009 April||First Round Table|
|2009 June||first German Book Club|
|2010||First Music Together ® courses|
|2011||Project weeks in Malta|
|2015 January||First Evening Book Club|
THE ENGLISH CENTER / ENGLISH INSTITUTE
Dr. Hinterbuchner Ges.m.b.H & Co.KG
Frau Gabrielle Kalke Hinterbuchner
Haunspergstraße 37a, 5020 Salzburg
|Tel.:||+43 (0) 662 890 995|